This past week I worked some more on my 1930s reproduction quilt. I wrote about it last week and I just couldn’t wait to make more blocks. I made 4-1/2″ churn dash blocks with red 1930s prints and a white on white background fabric. This is turning out to be a great project for using up little pieces of background fabrics.
The other block I made was a three dimensional thread spool block. Here’s the picture of the block so you can see the three dimensional aspect. The “thread” of the spool is sewn in such a way that it ends up poofy. I know poofy is a real technical term. This is a fun block and I can’t wait to make more. This block is also 4-1/2″.
I’ve also been working on a secret project that I can’t reveal yet but it involves a lot of quilting fabric to foam. I’ll be sharing the finished project in a couple weeks when I go on retreat.
I’m really looking forward to retreat this year. I have some charity quilts to work on and I’m taking a fun, just for me project. My mom, a friend, and I will be working on some charity quilts part of the time. I think my mom has 4 quilts quilted and we’ll be binding them.